PC Protection Tips
10 quick security steps to protect your personal machine
1. Use virus protection software
2. Use a firewall
3. Don’t open unknown email attachments
4. Don’t run programs of unknown origin
5. Disable hidden filename extensions
6. Keep all applications (including your operating system) patched
7. Turn off your computer or disconnect from the network when not in use
9. Disable scripting features in email programs
10. Make regular backups of critical data
Whether you work from a home machine with a VPN or just use your personal machine for your
family, these are valuable tips to secure your device.
To learn more about any of these tips, follow the RESOURCE link below.
Security tips are brought to you by the CTS SOC. The mission of the CTS SOC is to provide
centralized information sharing, monitoring, and analysis of Washington State security posture.
Contact us at: email@example.com.