Quick password tips
Here are some quick reminders on choosing a strong password
- Don't use passwords that are based on personal information that can be easily accessed or guessed.
- Don't use words that can be found in any dictionary of any language.
- Develop a mnemonic for remembering complex passwords.
- Use both lowercase and capital letters.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Use passphrases when you can.
- Use different passwords for different services (Example: Work, Home, Online Banking). Both Adobe and Yahoo have recently had compromises involving a large number of user passwords being exposed; which if you are a user that is using a password in common to your work password, would put the work network at risk.